Believe what you want...Not all disco's where HUGE...In the late 70's early 80's every bar that had a dance floor turned it into a disco. The big clubs around used mainly JBL...some used Altec...and a few used EV. Most in my area used Klipsch....There were at least 3 that used Klipschorn....Most used LaScala's.Well, I am having a hard time believing that you actually saw Klipschorns at a Disco.
All disco's had the same problems. They all used large solid state amps (mainly McIntosh or Crown). They all suffered from room accoustics. Are you saying that JBL or Altec's in the same room would have the same muddy base problems??? Maybe...but I know of one disco that switched out the Klipsch LaScala's to JBL's...and the sound difference was astounding. Klipsch are great speakers...I'm not saying they aren't...But there are certain things I've always thought (and many others) that Klipsch did poorly was good solid base and good mid's. If you liked them...GREAT...Doesn't mean that everyone will. I can show you a couple of sound engineers who think their Yamaha's are the BEST speakers ever made.I am also guessing that if you heard Klipschorns at a Disco, they were powered by some massive solid state amps, and I would have agreed with you that they would have sounded terrible. Throw in some lousy disco room acoustics, and some terrible disco music and yes, you would have a recipe for disaster.




I personally like to do Blind tests without knowing What make,model, etc.. This way you give a fair evaluation and most people I have done this with were surprised at the result.I give all speakers that I listen to a fair evaluation.After all I'm looking for the best sounding speaker to my ears so it is a serious but fair evaluations.The model 19 is one of the best to my ears and will never part with them Ever !!! For the amount of money and quality that you get nothing comes close.Khorns are way overpriced they are what ?? $4000 apeice.For value and sound quality the 19 can not be beat.I paid $909 for my pair + shipping $200 and they are in mint condition the only thing they needed were the foams around the H811 and also the XO's needed to be rebuilt/Solens.I don't think there is another speaker on the planet that I could get with this quality for that amount of money.To Equal that I would have to spend Min. $3000 but this is My Honest Opinion on the Altec Model 19 Regards ~ AB



Bookmarks